Welcome to The Classic Cycle Group
(Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex)
The Classic Cycle Group is closely associated with The Bexhill Wheelers and The Bexhill Museum. We are a group of enthusiastic cyclists who are passionate about our rather ancient antique bicycles, enjoy slow, responsible cycling and occasionally wear vintage clothing for events in the spirit of Edwardian nostalgia.
- To encourage a historical cycling activity group for Classic, Veteran and Vintage cycle owners interested in gentle slow-paced, responsible cycling.
- To participate in local events and opening ceremonies, raising funds for Bexhill Museum when possible.
- To source old bicycles to support the Bexhill Museum. (If you know of an unused old bicycle or old parts, please let us know).
- To promote healthy exercise and the social benefits of cycling.
- To organise cycle rides in the spirit of nostalgic Bygone Bexhill.
- To have fun in an environmentally friendly manner.
- “When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking” (Arthur Conan Doyle’s dictum).